This particular buffalo chicken recipe is incredibly similar to the buffalo chicken tacos. I don’t want you to think I’m being lazy, but I wanted to post this recipe because it is a healthier alternative, yet still incredibly tasty. You’ve got to try it!
Rotisserie chicken is always such a convenient ingredient to have around, and I always try to stretch it into as many creative recipes as possible. Salads, wraps, dips, pasta, you name it – I think this stuff is an easy fix for any of the aforementioned. If you have any recipes you personally love and would like to see featured on this blog, please comment below or shoot me an email any time! I love hearing from each and every one of you that stops by, so I would be flattered to conquer one of your favorite recipes!
These buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are an amazing lighter calorie option for dinner, so make them tonight – it’s so easy and even more delicious! For the creamy ranch slaw topping, click here!
[my additional tips!]:
Actual Prep / cook time: 15 minutes
Clean-up difficulty: 2
Overall difficulty to make: 2
Overall satisfaction: 9
Price range? This dish is under $4 for two people.
What I would change next time? Nothing at all. The garlic adds some great underlying flavor that (I think) blends nicely with the hot sauce!
For your own version, I recommend:.
- Feel free to substitute garlic powder for the minced garlic to save even more time! Just sprinkle it directly onto the chicken before adding the hot sauce.
- The creamy ranch slaw is just so good with this. Of course, any type of dressing will do (and adding blue cheese crumbles is always recommended), but I love this slaw and definitely encourage using it!
© 2015 : a flavor journal : by sara alvordbuffalo chicken lettuce wraps2015-09-14 11:13:38Serves 2Easy, packed with flavor buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are a healthier alternative to satisfy your buffalo chicken cravings without sacrificing flavor!Prep Time5 minCook Time10 minTotal Time15 minPrep Time5 minCook Time10 minTotal Time15 minIngredients
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I use Frank's)
- 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic (or substitute 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 8 large iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup creamy ranch slaw (recipe available in post!)Instructions
- Heat a large sauté pan over low heat and add butter to melt. Add garlic to butter once the butter has melted.
- Cook garlic until it becomes tender and very aromatic. Add chopped rotisserie chicken and coat with the butter and garlic until absorbed, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in hot sauce and evenly coat all chicken pieces. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Place two lettuce leaves together, one on top of the other. Place 1/2 cup cooked buffalo chicken directly onto top leaf, and top with cheddar cheese and creamy ranch slaw.
- Enjoy!a flavor journal. http://aflavorjournal.com/