I teamed up with Crystal Farms® cheese to bring you the MOST delicious, cheesy hot sausage bites ever! With holiday parties in abundance, these are the perfect little treats to take anywhere. They’re so easy to make, and they are bite-size, so they’re even easier to eat. 🙂
I call them “bites” because they are easily consumed in one bite. I adore party food (both making it and eating it), but I always feel slightly uncomfortable when I see people with a drink in one hand, food in the other, and no way of eating their food due to it being too big to eat gracefully in front of strangers.
Party food is so much more approachable when it is bite-size! These little guys are highly addictive, I’ll warn you, so be prepared to make them for multiple holiday parties. 🙂
Crystal Farms is one of my go-to brands for cheese. They are a rich source of calcium, and have very few preservatives. The variety of cheeses made my Crystal Farms is also impressive, and seems to be growing. I’ve just never been let down by any of their products, so it’s always an easy choice for me when I’m cheese shopping!
For the cheesy hot sausage bites, I used two types of Crystal Farms cheese. I measured 1/3 of a cup of the shredded sharp cheddar cheese, chopped it into smaller pieces, then used it inside the meatball mixture. After the meatballs were formed and placed on a baking sheet, I sprinkled a touch of Crystal Farms mozzarella cheese on top of them! Because … cheese. Yum.
You are welcome to change the size of these meatballs if you’d like, but I recommend only making them as big as a tablespoon. They bake quickly at such a small time, which is another plus!
Check out Crystal Farms cheese, and comment below to be entered to win free Crystal Farms products! And of course, Happy Holidays (and happy eating!) 🙂
- 2/3 lbs. hot italian sausage
- 1/3 cup Crystal Farms® Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded then finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1 medium farm fresh egg
- 1 slice wheat bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 small handful Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. grana padano cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper, "to taste"
- Crystal Farms® shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400.
- Combine every ingredient into a large bowl. Gently combine using both hands and massaging until every ingredient comes together.
- Roll about one tablespoon of meat mixture into a ball. Place each ball onto a non-stick baking mat on a baking sheet. Be sure there is adequate space between each meatball bite.
- Top each meatball bite with a touch of Crystal Farms Shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about twelve minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 1-2 minutes. Slide a toothpick into each bite, and place onto a platter for serving.
- Serve hot!
- 1. Grana padano cheese can be substituted with parmesan cheese.
- 2. You can't exactly taste the sausage to add salt and pepper, so add a generous amount (about 1/4 tsp. each) to ensure it is seasoned correctly. "To taste" means lay off of either if you are not a fan!