Vague title, I know. However, creamy tex-mex sauce is what I love to put on top of my pork carnitas tacos and pork carnitas sliders. It’s such a great combination of a little spice with a lot of flavor, and I found it to be really great with the insanely delicious flavors of the tacos.
If you have the time, let this sauce chill for a while. Make a margarita before you do anything else, enjoy that margarita as you create your creamy tex-mex sauce, then pop the sauce in the refrigerator while you finish your beverage. Or just top some pork carnitas tacos with this sauce as soon as it’s made … just saying. Do you.
[my additional tips!]:
Actual Prep / cook time: 2 minutes
Clean-up difficulty: 1
Overall difficulty to make: 1
Overall satisfaction: 8
Price range? This dish is under $2 for two to four people.
What I would change next time? I always like things spicy, so maybe some cayenne! 🙂
For your own version, I recommend:.
- Use your favorite hot sauce
- Feel free to get creative and add extra ingredients if you like! I always want to hear how everyone adapts recipes to make them their own!
© 2016 : a flavor journal : by sara alvord
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. milk (I used 2%)
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (I used garlic chili Cholula!)
- Mix it all together! 🙂
- Let it chill for a couple of hours if you like; the flavors blend better that way.