This post is sponsored by CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortilla but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
I don’t know about you, but I totally indulged over Thanksgiving. And I’m seriously prepped and ready to indulge again at every holiday party I attend through the end of the year. 🙂 So sometimes, I need a little break from the awesomely heavy comfort foods of the holiday season.
One of my favorite go-to healthier recipes is my greek yogurt caesar dressing. Another one of my favorite recipes is buffalo chicken tacos. It may seem like an odd combination, but together they are *magical*. And I can only eat so many lettuce wraps before I want something a little more filling, right? Right. So I teamed up with CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas to make some seriously awesome, seriously healthier buffalo chicken tacos!
CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, wheat-free, AND preservative-free. They’re so versatile for so many food allergies / diets, and they actually taste really good, too. (I wouldn’t lie about that.) You can find them in either the refrigerated or freezer section at the store, too. (Hello, natural ingredients.) Click here for $2 off a package of Original or Grain Free tortillas!
Cauliflower is the first ingredient, and these guys are ready in about two minutes in either the microwave or a skillet. I spread a layer of greek yogurt caesar dressing over my warmed tortillas, then topped them with some rotisserie chicken that had been tossed in a buffalo / barbecue sauce. I also added some chopped kale, chopped romaine, chopped carrot, and some blue cheese crumbles and green onion for good measure.
These tortillas (and tacos) are awesome for nights when you want something quick and easy, but you don’t want to be loaded down by heavy food or fast food. Keep the CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas in the freezer, and seriously cook them directly from the freezer. Does it get any easier? Trick question. It doesn’t.
Click here for $2 off any package of CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas, and give yourself a break from the heavy foods this season!
buffalo chicken tacos with cauliflower tortillas
for spicy buffalo bbq sauce:
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tbsp. spicy KC style barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 4 CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken
- 4 tbsp greek yogurt caesar dressing (or your favorite!)
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 4 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
- 4 tbsp shredded carrot
- 4 tbsp chopped green onion
To make the buffalo / spicy bbq sauce:
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan. Add buffalo sauce and barbecue sauce, stir to combine. Add freshly cracked pepper, stir to combine, then remove from heat and set aside.
To make tacos:
- Toss chopped rotisserie chicken in spicy buffalo bbq sauce. Set aside.
- Heat CAULIPOWER Cauliflower tortillas according to package directions, either in the microwave or skillet.
- Spread one tablespoon of greek yogurt caesar across each tortilla. Add two tablespoons of chopped kale onto each tortilla, directly down the middle of the tortillas. Add chopped chicken down the middle of each tortilla, directly on top of the chopped kale.
- Top each taco with another two tablespoons of chopped kale, then one tablespoon each of blue cheese crumbles, shredded carrot, and chopped green onion (all optional).
- Serve immediately!