This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KindersAtWalmart
I’ve been developing a chicken parmesan recipe for a couple of years now, but never really pulled the trigger on publishing a final version. I feel like a lot of chicken parmesan recipes (while all delicious), all tend to be exactly the same. I wanted to create something unique, super flavorful, and easy to make!
That being said, I teamed up with Kinder’s® Rubs and Seasonings, and used Kinder’s® Master Salt Seasoning to make this chicken parmesan! I also made an incredibly delicious charred brussels sprouts orzo as a side dish, so dinner is completely covered with this recipe. This chicken parmesan recipe has tons of flavor with minimal effort! And by using the Kinder’s Master Salt Seasoning, your favorite marinara sauce, and good mozzarella, the hard work is done for you. It’s quick, easy, and tastes like you spent a ton of time making it! 🙂
Kinder’s Master Salt Seasoning has two types of garlic and natural sea salt with the addition of real butter to give a rich and delicious taste. I would typically throw all kinds of spices into the flour mixture for the chicken parmesan, but I truly didn’t need anything else for this recipe.
Kinder’s also carries sauces and marinades, and you can find an entire catalog of their products here!
And to make your shopping experience super easy, you can click here to get Kinder’s Master Salt and other rubs and seasonings delivered to your door with free 2-day shipping from WalMart!
So I didn’t just use the Master Salt Seasoning for the chicken parmesan, but I also used it for this lusciously creamy brussels sprouts / orzo blend. It’s a pretty unique side dish recipe that totally just popped into my head as I was developing the recipe for the chicken parmesan. It also offers a ton of flavor, and to be honest you could make an entire meal out of it if you wanted to. It starts with a little of the Master Salt Seasoning at the beginning of the cooking process, but you can absolutely add a little more at the end if you’d like!
Kinder’s Master Salt Seasoning is really buttery, rich, and delicious. But there are so many other flavors to choose from, too! I picked up a few different flavors to try with various upcoming recipes, and you can purchase all of them online from Walmart with ease.
I highly recommend picking up some Kinder’s® Rubs and Seasonings for yourself, because I know you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the quality, convenience, and awesome flavors that they deliver!
Garlic Butter Chicken Parmesan & Brussels Sprouts Orzo with Kinder's® Master SaltPrint Pin Rate
For the Garlic Butter Chicken Parmesan:
- 1 chicken breast (10 oz.)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Kinder's® Master Salt Seasoning
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. Kinder's® Master Salt Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. shredded parmesan
- 2 slices proscuitto
- chopped parsley for garnish
For the Creamy Brussels Sprouts Orzo:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 tsp. Kinder's® Master Salt Seasoning
- 1 1/4 cup chopped brussels sprouts
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry orzo
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice about one wedge
- thinly sliced lemon wheels for garnish
Directions for the Garlic Butter Chicken Parmesan:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Use paper towels to pat the chicken completely dry. Cut the chicken breast in half, and then place each half in between two large pieces of wax paper. Use the flat surface of a meat mallet (or a rolling pin) to gently pound the chicken until each half is ½” thick, then set aside.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, two teaspoons of Kinder’s® Master Salt Seasoning, and cracked black pepper in a large, shallow dish. Whisk to combine evenly.
- Combine the egg, ¼ tsp. Kinder’s® Master Salt Seasoning, and heavy cream in a separate shallow dish. Set near the dish with the dry ingredients.
- Coat one piece of chicken completely in the dry ingredients. Shake off any excess, then coat the chicken in the egg mixture. Coat a second time with the dry ingredients, and set on a baking sheet lined with a wire baking rack. Repeat with the second piece of chicken. Allow to rest for at least five minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, heat olive oil in a large saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot and shimmering, cook each chicken piece until browned and crispy, about two minutes per side. (While the chicken cooks, quickly clean the baking sheet with the wire rack.) Return to back to the wire rack.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of marinara over each chicken piece, then top each with about ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Bake the chicken at 400 F for 15-17 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from the oven, and divide the shredded parmesan over the chicken. NOTE: Five minutes before chicken is done baking, pop the prosciutto into the oven to crisp up.
Directions for the Creamy Brussels Sprouts Orzo:
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan or skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, and Kinder’s® Master Salt Seasoning, and stir to combine. Cook shallots until tender and slightly charred, about three minutes.
- Add chopped brussels sprouts and crushed red pepper, and cook until charred, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add orzo, and toast with the brussels sprouts for one minute. Pour in chicken broth and water, and turn the heat up to medium-high. Cook the orzo, stirring often, until al dente, about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the cracked black pepper, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese. Squeeze in the fresh lemon juice, and stir to combine.
For the Final Dish:
- Spoon half of the brussels sprouts onto a plate, and top with the chicken parmesan. Slide a thin lemon slice between the brussels and chicken parmesan (if desired), and sprinkle the entire dish with chopped parsley.
- Top with crispy prosciutto. Serve hot, and enjoy!