This post is sponsored by Bistro Favorites, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
There’s something about a gorgeously crafted sandwich that makes all of us feel a little giddy. When recalling a variety of my favorite lunches in the past, I have to admit that about half of them include a sandwich of some degree. Whether it be a cheesesteak, reuben, sub from my favorite local shop, or a giant, irresistible stacked sandwich with my favorite meats, cheeses, and garlic aioli … there’s always a sandwich that stirs up those happy emotions!
While living in Kansas City, I often frequented local restaurants to support my fellow Kansas Citians. There was one sandwich shop in particular that was on my “lunchtime list” almost weekly, primarily because the meats they used in their sandwiches were undeniably delicious. They also added this incredible roasted garlic aioli, and the flavor combination was out of this world.
I’ve tried to recreate this sandwich in the past, but I’ve found that the quality and source of your sliced meat makes all the difference. Luckily, I teamed up with Bistro Favorites 100% Natural to re-create the giant, gourmet, stacked sandwich of my dreams!
Bistro Favorites 100% Natural sliced meats are delicious for a variety of reasons. The meats are hand-rubbed with spices and seasonings, which adheres to the value of creating foods using true attention to detail and craftsmanship. Bistro Favorites 100% Natural does not use nitrates or nitrites, and there are no artificial ingredients. They’re also naturally hardwood smoked, and crafted in smaller batches to guarantee the best product delivered right to your neighborhood food store!
For my insanely delicious sandwich, I chose the Bistro Favorites 100% Natural Uncured Peppered Beef and Uncured Black Forest Ham. I love rich, flavorful sliced meats, and these two were such a perfect choice. The Uncured Peppered Beef has a gorgeous savory flavor, complimented by the spiciness of the pepper throughout it. The Uncured Black Forest Ham, which is honestly one of my favorite sliced meats, has an elegant, softness with just the right amount of juicy ham flavor bursting into each bite.
Pairing the Bistro Favorites 100% Natural Uncured Peppered Beef and Uncured Black Forest Ham with my garlic aioli offered an incredible balance of acidity, savoriness, and texture. Add some crunchy green leaves, juicy farm fresh tomatoes, and your favorite cheese for the ultimate sandwich recipe. I definitely recommend a soft yet sturdy bread, and one with as much attention to detail as the products you’re sandwiching between it! Local is best, but there are plenty of gorgeous sliced breads available at your local food store, too!
You’ll never turn back after you’ve crafted your favorite sandwich using only the best ingredients. I highly suggest that you go to landofrost.com/bistrofavorites to find a store near you to buy Bistro Favorites 100% Natural! AND, you can enter to win an 8-day trip to France via National Geographic journeys! You can enter at landofrost.com/France. Honestly, snagging an 8-day trip to France would be my dream this fall. I was supposed to visit for the entire month of May, but life took me another direction. 😉
Don’t forget to snag the recipe for my roasted garlic aioli below, and head over to landofrost.com/bistrofavorites to find your new favorite sliced meats! I can’t wait to see what you create, so be sure to tag #aflavorjournal and #BistroFavorites with your ultimate sandwich creations!
roasted garlic aioli
- 1 head garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper freshly cracked
- Set oven to 400 degrees. Cut the top quarter of the head of garlic off, exposing the cloves inside. Be sure all cloves have the tops cut off of them.
- Place the garlic head, exposed side up, onto a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold the foil up towards the top of the garlic, so it creates a shell around the garlic. Drizzle the exposed cloves with olive oil, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Gently twist the foil to seal it shut over the garlic, then roast for 40 minutes. The garlic will be golden and tender, and the cloves will easily slide out of the bulb.
- Remove all roasted garlic cloves, then mash with a fork until macerated. Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, worcestershire, hot sauce, and additional black pepper. Mix thoroughly, then refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Spread on sandwiches, use as dip, or as desired! This will keep for at least a week in the refrigerator.