Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FALLInLoveWithHatfield #REDiscover #simplyhatfield #CollectiveBias
School may be back in session, but that doesn’t mean it’s time to give up on summer quite yet. I don’t know about you, but Mark and I grill all summer long, and we absolutely do not stop once the seasons change.
We have a jalapeÃ±o plant growing in our garden, which is the lone-plant-survivor after we went to Napa and let someone else be in charge of our garden for two weeks. Needless to say, the seven tomato plants we had groomed for two months didn’t stand a chance. However, the jalapeÃ±o plant is flourishing, and we are cutting off about fifteen jalapeÃ±os a day. It’s AWESOME, but wtf do you do with that many jalapeÃ±os? You make grilled jalapeÃ±os stuffed with sausage and cheese, of course.
I came up with the idea to stuff them, wrap them in bacon, then grill them. But I wanted to step it up a notch, so I teamed up with HatfieldÂ® Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage to mix into some cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, and some seasonings to create the most epic jalapeÃ±o stuffing ever.
I grabbed the sausage from the Food Lion down the street, and found it just in the meat department on the top shelf of the cooler section. Hatfield Recipe Essentials sausages are gluten free, family owned, American made, and ethically raised. They have so many varieties of meats, and all of them are easy to find and super flavorful. I liked the Sweet Italian Ground Sausage for this recipe. There’s sweet sausage, spicy jalapeÃ±o, and smoky bacon all wrapped into one mouth-watering dish. It’s a heavenly combination, I promise. Grilled stuffed jalapeÃ±os are maybe our new favorite thing.
Serve these at your next tailgate, or even at home for a weekend grilling session. They’re the perfect appetizer, and they’re even kid friendly – (the jalapeÃ±os lose a lot of their spiciness after they’re grilled!)
Cheers to summer, and cheers to these killer sausage and cheese stuffed jalapeÃ±os!
grilled jalapeños stuffed with sausage and cheese
- 8 jalapeños
- 8 ounces Hatfield® Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded from a block of cheese
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese shredded from a block of cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 16 strips bacon use your favorite (I used thick cut, but any cut works!)
- Soak a large handful of toothpicks in water for at least 10-15 minutes as you prep the jalapeños.
- Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise, then remove the seeds and membranes. Set aside. (Use latex gloves to do this if you are sensitive to the heat of the jalapeños!)
- In a large bowl, mix the sausage, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Use a fork to thoroughly mash all of the ingredients together until very well blended.
- Scoop about 1-2 tablespoons of the sausage and cheese mixture into each hollowed jalapeño. Gently press the mixture into the jalapeño to fill it, and create a mound of mixture protruding from the jalapeño. Repeat with each jalapeño.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño in one strip of bacon, and use the soaked toothpicks to hold the bacon in place where needed.
- Set your oven to preheat at 375, then take the jalapeños outside to grill. Grill over medium-high heat for about 5-6 minutes per side, until bacon is charred and thoroughly cooked. Transfer jalapeños to a baking dish, and cook at 375 F in the oven to finish cooking the sausage mixtures inside, and further brown the bacon.
- Carefully remove all toothpicks, and serve hot!