peanut butter. plus chocolate equals love
The amount of cookies coming out of my kitchen right now may be a bit alarming. For some reason, despite not being huge on desserts in general, I cannot stop making cookies. Like these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. They’re so chewy and delicious, so I had to share them with you, right?
There’s so much comfort in the aroma of freshly baked cookies taking over your home. For me, it’s reminiscent of when my mom would bake chocolate chip cookies for us as kids. There’s something so nostalgic about the entire process; that’s probably why I keep replenishing our cookie container every time it’s empty!
We recently moved from Kansas City to a small town in North Carolina. To say it’s a bit of a culture shock is an understatement, honestly. I’m used to living in the middle of any restaurant / bar / brewery / art gallery / concert / etc. that my heart desired. I would just walk a couple of blocks to the streetcar, and then I could go anywhere I wanted.
NOW, I’m surrounded by pine trees. But don’t think I’m complaining! I’m definitely not. It’s just a vastly different lifestyle, and I’m still adjusting a little bit. Needless to say, baking cookies is something I find comfort in, so they’ve been flying out of our kitchen like never before.
This recipe is specifically awesome because it is LOADED with creamy peanut butter and delectable milk chocolate chips. As always, I highly recommend using the best quality of peanut butter and chocolate chips that you can find! These two stars really want to be shown off, so the better the quality you use, the more amazing your cookies are going to be!
peanut butter chocolate chip cookies | a flavor journal food blog
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg farm fresh
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt finely ground
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips milk chocolate
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees F.
- Use the paddle attachment of a stand-up mixer to cream the butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter. Cream thoroughly, at least two minutes on high speed.
- Add the egg, and mix in slowly. Once it's mixed in, add the vanilla and maple syrup one at a time, allowing each to fully combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. (Flour, baking soda, salt.) Slowly add them to your stand-up mixer on low speed, until they're completely mixed in.
- Fold the chocolate chips in using a rubber spatula. Spoon out dough portions measuring 2 Tbsp. each, and form into balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and let them cool on the baking sheet for about ten minutes. They'll continue baking a little as they sit on the baking sheet. Transfer to a wire rack when they're done.
- Serve warm, or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Tried this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @aflavorjournal and on Instagram @aflavorjournal
Leave A Reply!