Wente wine is a huge believer in “me time” and relaxation, and so am I. I do not have children, so that frees up like … oh, I don’t know, ALL of my free time. But seriously. Between working 50+ hours per week, finding time to devote to my relationship (Mark and I no longer have any full days off together), and working on my blog, sometimes things can feel a bit chaotic. Luckily, we always have wine in the house, and I’ve had the pleasure of working with Wente to focus on their great products and spread the word that YOU need to make time for YOU!
Life can get crazy with work, kids, school, obligations, celebrations, and everything else. I’ve recently transitioned back into Food and Beverage, and am currently scheduled a minimum of 50 hours per week (welcome to the restaurant management world!). Yes, it’s absolutely absurd that I’m required to devote 10 hours of overtime each week to my job, but see no financial influx from it.
So, to take my mind off of the fact that I’m constantly getting raked over the coals, I dedicate the majority of my time AWAY from work to, you guessed it … ME!
Here are some of my favorite things to do when I have days off to myself:
- Check out a new coffee shop
- Sit on a patio of a local restaurant or bar, and explore a new wine that I had not previously tasted
- Dream up new recipes for my blog
- Study my Court of Master Sommeliers book and convince myself that I can spend $300 to take the certified exam next year (this class has like a 5% passing rate, and the Introductory course was ROUGH)
- Create new cocktails using fresh, local herbs and fruits
- Sit back, peruse Netflix for a new scary movie, and relax
- Browse a local antique shop for cool kitchen props
- Research a local band, or maybe a local jazz club that has some really awesome performances coming up. (Side note : If you are near the Wente vineyard, you should absolutely check out the stellar concert series they have lined up for this summer!)
I’m sure your time off is far different than mine, but this gives you an idea of what I enjoy doing. I’m so big on supporting local businesses and products, and I’m really into creating new things. Food and drink are also super important to me, so I spend a lot of time researching new cocktails, wines, beers, and food recipes too! Wine is especially a current favorite of mine, and Wente wines offer a large variety of grape varietals, so there is not doubt that you’ll find one you love!
During the summer season, I usually lean towards a white varietal more often than not. This Riva Ranch Chardonnay from Wente is a wonderful expression of California Chardonnay; there’s oaky notes of butter and new barrel on the palate, which makes for a rich, juicy wine that is perfect for sipping. So sit back, enjoy a bottle of Chardonnay from Wente wines, and just do you.
Whatever you do for yourself, just make TIME FOR YOURSELF. We all need to recharge every now and then, and you should take every opportunity to do so. You’ll thank yourself later! 😉
Leave A Reply!