The Best Mini BLT Sandwiches.
When tomatoes are ripe and juicy, it doesn’t get much better than making a perfect BLT. These little BLT sliders are super easy to put together, but they’ve got a delicious twist: caramelized onions, and arugula.
There’s a step-by-step guide right here for caramelized onions. (If you’re making more than six sliders, I recommend doubling the caramelized onion recipe to make enough for these sliders). If you’re unsure about making them, don’t be. Seriously! You’ve got this, 100%. Yes, it takes a little time, but it’s so worth it. You can even make a large batch of them, then keep them in the refrigerator for a few days (or freeze them for a couple of months!) Use them for breakfast tacos, lunch wraps, or as a delicious topping for steaks, chicken, or pork chops.
The second twist, which is the “L” of the BLT, is arugula. Arugula is pepper-y and vibrant, and when it is tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper … it really shines. Arugula is an amazing green to put on top of a BLT, whether or not you’re trying to be fancy. It’s delicious.
With these two special twists, your BLT sliders are going to be totally different than any other version. They’re the perfect slider for parties, or even for dinner!
Good Sides to serve with BLT Sliders:
I’m such a basic person sometimes, and I really love potato chips with sandwiches if it’s lunchtime. BUT, if you’re making these for dinner and you’re going for a meal packed with flavor, try these spicy chopped brussels sprouts. I consistently get awesome reviews on this recipe, and it makes two servings! They are so, so good for any dinner. If you’re going for a hearty meal, these garlic parmesan mashed potatoes are super delicious, and make a little more than two servings!
More Slider Recipes to Try:
Slider recipes are some of my favorite recipes! Here’s a few of my favorites:
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Pork Carnitas Sliders (Slow Cooker)
- French Dip Sliders (Slow Cooker)
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
This recipe makes six BLT sliders. You can absolutely double it, or triple it to fit your needs! Just make extra bacon and caramelized onions, and have enough arugula and mayonnaise on hand. So easy, but so much more flavorful than your standard BLT!
If you’re taking these sliders on a picnic and need wine pairings :: I recommend grabbing a bottle of dry rosè to pair with them! French rosès are phenomenal for food pairings, but there are a ton of other countries that produce amazing dry rosè, too! If you want to be extra, make it a sparkling rosé to balance with that rich bacon and mayonnaise!
- 6 tbsp. caramelized onions
- 6 strips thick cut bacon
- 6 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 6 slider buns
prep the ingredients ::
- Recipe for caramelized onions is listed in the ingredients. This will take about 40 minutes total (which is included in the total time for this recipe), but it is very easy, I promise! And it is SO worth it!*
- Cook the bacon until crispy. (I like to do this in a 375 F oven for about 20 minutes, which is perfect to do while you're making the onions!) Transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to cool. Once the bacon is cool enough to handle, tear each strip into thirds so it can easily fit onto the slider buns.
- Stir the mayonnaise and cracked black pepper together in a small bowl until fully combined.
- In a bowl, toss the arugula with the extra virgin olive oil, and a little pinch of salt. Slice the tomatoes into 1/2" thick slices, and set aside.
build the BLT sliders ::
- Cut the slider buns in half. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of pepper mayonnaise onto the bottom half and top half of each bun.
- Place two slices of tomato onto the bottom bun. Layer on arugula, three pieces of bacon, a tablespoon of caramelized onions, and then the top bun.