This is the original buffalo chicken slider recipe that absolutely blew up on Pinterest a few years ago! It has been the most popular recipe on my blog for four years running. There’s something to be said for that much love, right?
I love this recipe because it makes four shredded buffalo chicken sliders with rotisserie chicken. It’s quick, easy, and absolutely delicious. Feel free to double, triple, or quadruple the recipe if needed. I create small batch recipes here on AFJ, so that’s why I only make four for my recipe.
Ingredients for Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Rotisserie Chicken:
- 1 cup shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Buffalo Sauce (hot Sauce – such as Frank’s Red Hot or Crystal Hot Sauce)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- pinch each of Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese*
- 1/4 cup good Ranch Dressing**
- chopped Green Onions
- 2 tbsp. Melted Butter
- 4 Slider Buns (or Hawaiian Rolls)
*Cheddar cheese is my favorite for these buffalo chicken sliders, but you could use Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, Swiss, Provolone, or honestly whatever cheese you love!
**As someone who is not a fan of store-bought ranch dressing, I prefer to make my own OR ask my favorite sports bar if I can buy a large ramekin of ranch dressing for this recipe. It usually costs about $1.00, and makes a huge difference in flavor. I also love this ranch dressing recipe from Gimme Some Oven!
How to Make Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Rotisserie Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in the shredded chicken and buffalo (hot) sauce, and cook for 1-2 minutes until the chicken is warm.
- Stir in the garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. (Usually a pinch each of salt and pepper is perfect.)
- Mix the shredded cheese and ranch dressing together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the buffalo chicken mixture onto the bottom of a slider bun. Top the buffalo chicken with 1-2 tablespoons of the cheesy ranch mixture, then sprinkle a few chopped green onions on top. Cap the slider with the top bun, and place into a 9×9 pan or on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining slider buns.
- Brush melted butter over the top of each slider.
- Bake for about 5 minutes at 375.
- Serve hot!
Tips for Making the Best Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- For quick and easy buffalo chicken sliders, use shredded rotisserie chicken. Look for a “traditional” rotisserie chicken, not one that has added flavor. (Sometimes there are lemon peppered chickens, or rosemary herbed chickens. Avoid any of these, and stick with the most basic one available.)
- Use your favorite ranch OR blue cheese dressing! Every component matters in this recipe, so use a ranch or blue cheese that you love. Like I mentioned above, my favorite way to grab good ranch fo this recipe is from a sports bar down the street. If you absolutely love the ranch from a restaurant, ask if you can purchase a large to-go ramekin of it! I’ve done this many times, and it’s an easy way to just get as much dressing as you need if you don’t want to buy an entire bottle of it at the grocery store. The same applies to blue cheese if you prefer.
- Don’t skip the green onion in this slider recipe. It adds a pop of flavor and brightness to the sliders, and makes them extra delicious.
- I buttered the top of the buns with some melted butter before I baked them. This keeps the buns from getting too crispy, and of course adds a little extra flavor. And I’ve never heard anyone complain about just a touch more butter. 🙂
Can I Double or Triple this Slider Recipe?
Absolutely yes! If you need sliders for MORE than two people, you are in luck! This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled! Just multiply the following recipe by two or three, and it will work perfectly. I’ve also had many readers make sandwich-sized versions of this recipe, by adding two servings of the buffalo chicken onto a hamburger bun. This recipe is flexible, so feel free to serve it however you like!
As I mentioned in the tips above, I am obsessed with adding green onions to buffalo chicken recipes. I highly recommend topping these sliders with green onions right after you add the cheese/ranch combination, or even mixing it into the ranch and cheese. The bite of the onions is a really great compliment to the rich cheese and ranch, and the spicy buffalo sauce.
Interested in more Buffalo Chicken Recipes? Check these out!:
- Buffalo Chicken Caesar Salad
- Shredded Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Lettuce Wraps with Buffalo Chicken
- Loaded Buffalo Tots
- Buffalo Chicken Spinach Dip (new and A MUST TRY!)
If you make these buffalo chicken sliders and love them, I would absolutely love a rating and comment below! If you have any questions about any steps or ingredients, feel free to send me an email so I can help you. You can also tag me on Instagram if you post a picture of them! Although this recipe for buffalo chicken sliders is really easy, it offers a little more sophistication than your typical slider. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup of your favorite ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 4 slider buns
- chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt one tablespoon of butter. Add the shredded rotisserie chicken, and toss the chicken in the butter to coat.
- Add buffalo sauce, and toss the chicken to coat again. Add garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded cheddar and ranch dressing. I used a fork, that way I could easily transfer the ranch-coated cheese to the sliders.
- Place 1/4 cup of the buffalo chicken onto the bottom half of a slider. Repeat on each slider bun.
- Top buffalo chicken with at least 1-2 Tbsp. of the cheese/ranch mix. Top with chopped green onion (optional!), and then cap the sliders with the top bun.
- Brush melted butter on each of the top buns before baking.
- Bake at 375 for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot!