This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeBetterCookies #CollectiveBias #ChocolateChipCookies #ChewyCookies #ChewyChocolateChipCookies
It’s cookie season. I’ve already made a few batches of cookies this fall, but I’m always looking for bigger and better ways to make chocolate chip cookies specifically.
I tried cold butter, higher oven temps, resting the dough for 48 hours, you name it. There’s SO MANY ways to make chocolate chip cookies, and I think it always just comes down to preference. How do you like your cookies? Personally, I like soft and chewy cookies. I’m not big on crispy, flat, and boring.
That’s where Karo® Corn Syrup comes in. I keep Karo® Corn Syrup as a pantry staple for pecan pie, which is so popular this time of year. Unfortunately, I hadn’t used it in any other recipes. I started looking at different recipes with corn syrup, since I didn’t want it to just sit around for the next year, and I stumbled upon some chocolate chip cookie recipes.
Back to my ventures in finding the perfect chocolate chip cookie, I’m always up for a new take on the original. And as a huge fan of chewy cookies, I felt like using Karo® Corn Syrup was the next test ingredient on my list. Seriously, if you’re a chewy cookie fan like me, you need to try this. Get that Karo® Corn Syrup out of your pantry, and get it into some chocolate chip cookies. It makes the chewiest cookie ever and leaves a perfectly soft middle.Karo® Corn Syrup is the leading corn syrup brand, and has been trusted for over 100 years now. It’s what always comes to mind when I need to buy corn syrup, and it delivers every time in my pumpkin pie. I’m so glad to have another recipe to use it with now, and I may never go back to the original. Using Karo® Corn Syrup in my chocolate chip cookies makes the chewiest, tastiest chocolate chip cookie. And with the other basic cookie ingredients, it’s still so easy to make!
Enjoy the chewiest cookie and all of life’s sweet little moments with Karo® Corn Syrup. You will never look at chocolate chip cookies the same. <3 Sara
Chewy Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies with Karo® Corn Syrup
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Karo® Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Argo® Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy, about 3-4 minutes on "medium" speed.
- Add Karo® Corn Syrup, egg, and vanilla. Stir on low until fully combined.
- Add salt, corn starch, cocoa powder, and flour. Stir on low to mix until just incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans, and use a wooden spoon or spatula to gently mix them into the batter.
- Make dough balls around 1-2 tablespoons in size, and bake for 9-11 minutes at 350 F. Allow to cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.