This post is sponsored by Price*s but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Since we’ve moved to North Carolina, I’ve been dying to try this pimento cheese thing. I see it on burgers, grilled cheeses, appetizers, and more awesome food items. But I’ve never actually tried it … until now.
I teamed up with Price’s Pimento Cheese to get my first glimpse into the pimento cheese pride of the South. I don’t know what I was expecting, but it is so good! I had to go with the original cheese spread, due to the fact that I’d never tasted any pimento cheese before. It’s so unique! It’s tangy, cheesy, and packed with flavor. I wanted to keep this recipe simple, yet fun. Making into miniature stacked grilled cheese sandwiches seemed like a perfect idea!
This is a new twist on an old summer classic, for sure. By adding some pimento cheese, a little touch of fresh jalapeño, and turkey bacon – it’s a whole new level of grilled cheese sandwiches. But then, by cutting the sandwiches into four little squares and creating stacks out of them, it’s a super fun presentation, too!
I’m so happy to work with Price’s Pimento cheese because they represent tradition, and that’s the key to quality and integrity for me. By the way, if you like spicy things in general, they offer a jalapeno pimento cheese spread, too! I just wanted to get the original spread, that way I could have a solid introduction to the traditional pimento cheese flavor.
Price’s is currently running a sweepstakes which allows you to enter for the chance to win an entire year’s worth of pimento cheese! Yeah. If you were raised on the stuff and eat it by the spoonful (as one of Mark’s friends recently admitted to us), you should totally enter this contest. It’s epic. A WHOLE YEAR. That’s a lot of pimento cheese, and a lot of love.
mini stacked pimento grilled cheese sandwiches
- 4 Tbsp. Price's Original Pimento Cheese divided
- 1 tsp. minced jalapeno
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 strips turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated extra sharp cheddar divided
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter softened, divided
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons Price's Original Pimento Cheese with 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook turkey bacon in skillet, about four minutes per side, until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside to drain excess grease.
- Butter two slices of white bread: one side each. Set bread slices onto a cutting board, butter side down. On one slice of bread, evenly spread 1 tablespoon Price's Original Pimento Cheese to cover the bare side of the bread. On the other slice of bread, repeat using the pimento cheese with jalapeños.
- Cut bacon slices into halves. Lay four halves of bacon directly onto the jalapeño spiced cheese, covering the spread entirely. Sprinkle bacon with 1/4 cup of freshly grated sharp cheddar.
- Lay other bread on top of the bacon and shredded cheese, so the pimento cheese side meets the bacon and cheddar. We will be cooking the sandwiches with both butter sides facing out.
- Use a spatula to transfer the sandwich to your cast iron skillet, butter side down. Cook about one minute, then flip. Cook the other buttered side one minute. Both sides should be very brown and crispy.
- Remove from the pan, and cut off crusts. Cut crustless sandwich into four equal squares. Stack two squares together, creating two layered mini sandwiches.
- Repeat with another sandwich for a total of four mini stacked grilled cheese sandwiches. Serve hot and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @aflavorjournal and on Instagram @aflavorjournal
Leave A Reply!