A Super Easy Skinny Blackberry Margarita Recipe!
There’s not many cocktails I love more than margaritas. They’re so refreshing, lower in calories if made fresh, and seriously delicious. This skinny blackberry margarita is easy to make, and offers a kick of flavor on top of my basic skinny margarita!
Always feel free to adjust any of the fresh juices or agave to fit your taste. There is no wrong way to make this margarita, as long as you use the ingredients listed. If you like a sweeter margarita, increase the amount of agave. If you like your margaritas tart, throw an extra blackberry or two, and squeeze a little more lime into it. This recipe is a perfect starting point for making a skinny blackberry margarita, but feel free to experiment and find your perfect balance!
What is a Skinny Margarita?
A “skinny” margarita is one made with fresh juices and minimal sugar. Margaritas from restaurants typically contain a syrup-y mix loaded with sugar, and little to no fresh juice. The beauty of making your own margaritas at home is the ability to use fresh ingredients, and adjust your own margarita to fit your taste.
Other Margarita Recipes to Make at Home:
Some of my FAVORITE cocktail recipes on this blog are margarita recipes! Besides this skinny blackberry margarita, I also have recipes for:
- Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeno Margarita
- Blueberry Cilantro Margarita
- Skinny Fresh Margarita
- Spicy Serrano Grapefruit Margarita
All of them are delicious! The blueberry cilantro margarita is also really easy, as is the skinny fresh margarita recipe. The grilled pineapple one takes a bit of time and effort, but I promise you it’s worth it!
How to Make this Skinny Blackberry Margarita:
- Mix equal parts kosher salt and sugar on a plate. Run a lime wedge over the rims of two margarita glasses, and dip the rims into the salt/sugar mix. Set the glasses aside for now.
- Muddle the blackberries in a large cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice, then add the lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and agave syrup.
- Secure the lid onto the cocktail shaker. Shake it for about 30 seconds, or as long as you can before your hands freeze. 🙂
- Fill the margarita glasses with ice. Strain the margaritas into the glasses.
- Garnish with a fresh blackberry or two, and a lime or orange wedge!
I do recommend muddling the blackberries in the cocktail shaker before adding all of the other ingredients. You could probably get away with just throwing all of the ingredients in the shaker and shaking it super hard to break down the blackberries, but they probably won’t release as much juice that way.
As for the rim of the glasses, I love combining sugar AND salt for these margaritas. The blackberries are tart, so a touch of added sweetness helps to balance the tartness.
Cheers to your margarita making at home! Tag me on Instagram to show me your gorgeous cocktails! If you have any specific questions, feel free to shoot me an email directly!
skinny blackberry margarita
- 10 blackberries
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces fresh orange juice
- 4 ounces tequila blanco 100% agave
- 2 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Mix the salt and sugar together on a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the rims of two cocktail glasses, then dip the rims into the salt and sugar mix. Set rimmed glasses aside until ready to use.
- Muddle blackberries in the bottom of a large cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice, then add lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and agave. Secure the lid onto the shaker, and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Fill the rimmed glasses with ice. Remove the lid from the shaker, and strain the shaker contents into the two glasses. Garnish with a lime wheel and blackberry!
Tried this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @aflavorjournal and on Instagram @aflavorjournal
Leave A Reply!