A Simple Veggie Slaw with Ranch Dressing
So … creamy ranch slaw is going to be the easiest thing you’ll make. It’s really one of those common sense recipes that seems kind of silly for me to post, but whatever. Here it is. This particular creamy ranch slaw has been featured atop my buffalo chicken tacos and my buffalo chicken lettuce wraps. It is best when served fresh, but if you store the veggies and ranch separately in the refrigerator, you can extend its life by a couple of days!
Back story: I discovered the art of buying veggies off of the salad bar in the grocery store one day when I needed only one piece of celery, one carrot, and a few green onions. I just happened to glance at each of these items on the salad bar, and it hit me. Not only is this a cheaper option, but it also allows for far less waste of the extra veggies that go to die in your refrigerator. Unless eating healthy is your jam, in which case I ask that you teach me your ways.
Creamy ranch slaw is great for the aforementioned buffalo chicken recipes, but it can be used universally! Top off a burger, or a chicken sandwich, or whatever else you please 🙂 I used the ranch only recipe and drizzled it onto a buffalo chicken and kale salad I made a couple of weeks ago. Agh! Half healthy! And delicious.
It’s easy, it’s quick, and it’s the perfect flavor friend to fill the void of any handheld recipes that still need some sort of topping. I hope you enjoy!
creamy ranch slaw.
For Creamy Ranch:
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. ranch seasoning*
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce** such as iceberg or romaine
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp. blue cheese crumbles optional
For Creamy Ranch:
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until completely combined. Set aside to let flavors blend.
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Mix with the creamy ranch just before serving. Taste, and season with salt and pepper (if desired).