Easy, Delicious Grilled Cheese for Two
If you’re new here, we love comfort food. Pastas, soups, sliders … as long as it’s packed with flavor and fun to make, it will most likely make an appearance on this blog. 🙂
This turkey pesto grilled cheese recipe is as easy as it gets, but also way more flavorful than your typical grilled cheese. Pair it with some creamy roasted tomato soup, and you’ve got yourself a solid night on the couch.
What Ingredients do I need for this Grilled Cheese?
- Sourdough bread (or Italian, or French)
- Butter (you can get crazy and use roasted garlic butter if you want!)
- Pesto (either store-bought or homemade)
- Really good deli turkey (such as cracked pepper, oven-roasted, or smoked)
- Cheddar Cheese (for flavor)
- Monterey Jack Cheese (for gooey cheese pulls)
Yes, there’s only six ingredients in this recipe. SIX. You need to pin this so you can come back to it again and again.
What should I eat with this Turkey Pesto Grilled Cheese?
Probably a second turkey pesto grilled cheese. But if you’re looking for variety, I would highly recommend any of the following:
- Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup (small batch)
- Simple, Spicy Tomato Soup (small batch)
- Spicy, Creamy Chopped Brussels Sprouts (small batch)
- Sun Chips (because, delicious.)
You should also give this Caramelized Onion and Havarti Grilled Cheese, because it’s also super delicious!
If you get a chance to make this grilled cheese, please tag me on Instagram so I can see it! I LOVE seeing what you are making!
Turkey & Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 slices bread, about 1/2" thick sourdough, French, or Italian
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 4 ounces deli turkey oven-roasted, peppered, or smoked
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Pepperjack
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spread one tablespoon of softened butter onto one slice of bread. Place the bread, butter side down, into the hot skillet.
- Spread one tablespoon of pesto across the top surface of the bread. Spread 1/4 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese across the pesto, then top the cheese with half of the turkey. Add another layer of cheese, this time using 1/4 cup of cheddar.
- Spread one tablespoon of pesto across a new slice of bread, then one tablespoon of softened butter across the other side. Place the bread slice, pesto side down, onto the cheddar. Using a spatula, lightly press down on the sandwich.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until browned on the bottom.
- Flip the sandwich, and cook another 2-3 minutes until browned, and cheese is melted.
- Repeat to make second sandwich.
- Cut both sandwiches in half, and serve warm!