It’s time for sliders. Playoffs are over, the Super Bowl is near, and party food needs to be made in abundance. Buffalo chicken sliders, carnitas sliders, philly cheesesteak sliders, roasted garlic hummus, and buffalo chicken dip are a few options I have to offer to you.
Who doesn’t love buffalo chicken?! We are a household that appreciates wings, so buffalo chicken sliders received a warm welcome last weekend when they graced our [coffee] table one Sunday afternoon.
And just like that, they were gone. All four of them. Why did I just make four, you ask? Because my blog focuses on recipes for two people … and I really don’t feel like we need more than two per person, right?
If you need sliders for MORE than two people, you are in luck! This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled! Luckily, the ingredients in this recipe have some room for variation, so this recipe is one that you can easily make into a large batch of you please. If you do, I really want to hear how you liked it!
I buttered the top of the buns with some melted butter before I baked them. This keeps the buns from getting too crispy, and of course adds a little extra flavor. And sane people never complain about just a touch more butter. 🙂
I am literally obsessed with adding green onions to buffalo chicken ANYTHING. I highly recommend topping these sliders with green onions right after you add the cheese/ranch combination, or even just before. However, I didn’t include green onions in the recipe, because I want them to be an option for those who really like them!
This recipe for buffalo chicken sliders is really easy, but offers a little more sophistication than your typical slider. I hope you like them as much as we did!
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup of your favorite ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 4 slider buns
- chopped green onions, for garnish (optional)
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt one tablespoon of butter. Add the shredded rotisserie chicken, and toss the chicken in the butter to coat.
- Add buffalo sauce, and toss the chicken to coat again. Add garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded cheddar and ranch dressing. I used a fork, that way I could easily transfer the ranch-coated cheese to the sliders.
- Place 1/4 cup of the buffalo chicken onto the bottom half of a slider. Repeat on each slider bun.
- Top buffalo chicken with at least 1-2 Tbsp. of the cheese/ranch mix. Top with chopped green onion (optional!), and then cap the sliders with the top bun.
- Brush melted butter to each of the top buns before baking.
- Bake at 375 for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot!
- double, triple, or quadruple this recipe to fit your needs!! <3