An Easy Stacked Tostada Recipe!
Crunchy chicken tostada stacks are a new favorite around here. They’re insanely easy to make, they’re delicious, and you can make them to fit your exact tastes. I like mine with some spicy black beans, melty cheese, and hot salsa. 🙂
Another bonus in this recipe is the use of leftover rotisserie chicken. It’s so easy to grab a rotisserie chicken on the way home from work, but sometimes I run out of ideas for it by the end of the week. 🙁 Luckily, these crunchy chicken tostada stacks are now an instant shoe-in for my wheelhouse of rotisserie chicken recipes!
Two more of my favorite rotisserie chicken recipes are the ever-popular buffalo chicken sliders, and these shredded chicken caesar lettuce wraps. They’re both super delicious, and way different than these crunchy chicken tostada stacks. If you need some variety in your weeknight dinners, keep these guys in mind for future use. 🙂
Ingredients for a Chicken Tostada Stack:
- Tostada Shells
- Awesome Creamy Refried Black Beans
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, or Mexican Blend!)
- Your Favorite Salsa
- Avocado / Pico de Gallo / Cilantro / Sour Cream / More Salsa (for garnish!)
I use local, spicy salsa in my chicken mix for these tostadas. I highly recommend using your favorite salsa, green chiles, or even fresh tomatoes or pico de gallo if you like! It’s totally up to you – the recipe stays the same, but your favorite flavors make it yours!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you get the chance to make this recipe! I love seeing what everyone is making! Also, reach out to me via email with any questions you may have. I’m more than happy to help you through anything!
And there are no wine pairings with this one, because I would rather sip on a couple of skinny margaritas instead. 🙂 Or maybe some blueberry cilantro margaritas! I also have a paloma recipe coming your way tomorrow, so that’s another perfect cocktail option!
crunchy chicken tostada stacks
- baking sheet
- large sauce pan
For Creamy Black Beans:
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15.5 ounce can refried black beans
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne optional
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce optional
For Two Chicken Tostada Stacks:
- 4 tostada shells
- 2/3 cup creamy black beans
- 1 1/3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup salsa your favorite
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- mashed avocado, cilantro, salsa, sour cream for toppings / garnish
For Creamy Black Beans:
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened and very fragrant. Add refried black beans, and stir to mix into the butter, onions and garlic.
- Once the beans are soft and creamy, stir in cumin and cayenne (optional). Stir in sour cream until fully blended, and stir in hot sauce (if using). Turn off the heat. Set aside.
For Chicken Tostada Stacks:
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded rotisserie chicken with salsa. Set aside.
- Lay out four tostada shells. Spread about three tablespoons of creamy black beans over each shell, covering the entire surface.
- Top the creamy black beans with 1/3 cup of chicken. Spread the chicken out to cover the surface of the tostada, as well.
- Divide the cheese over the tostadas. (add more if you like!)
- Stack one shell directly on top of another, and repeat with other shells. This will create two chicken tostada stacks.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then switch to broil. Broil for about 2 minutes until cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with desired toppings! I love guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, salsa ... but top with whatever you love the most!